East Kingdom Seneschal
(April 19, 2016)
(April 20, 2015)
(November 23, 2014)
(October 12, 2014)
(June 16, 2014)
(January 26, 2014)
(December 12, 2014)
(October 17, 2013)
(July 7, 2013)
(April 15, 2013)
(January 27, 2013)
(January 27, 2013)
(October 22, 2012)
(Sept 1, 2012)
(April 29, 2012)
(April 15, 2012)
(March 4, 2012)
(October 21, 2011)
(August 19, 2011)
(July 5, 2011)
(May 31, 2011)
(April 26, 2011)
(February 6, 2011)
(Feb 1, 2011)
(October 8, 2010)
(Sept 27, 2010)
(June 23, 2010)
'Tir Mara' chosen as name for the Northern Shores Crown Principality
(December 1, 2009)
Northern Shores becomes Crown Principality
Congratulations to the Gentles residing in the Canadian portions of our Kingdom. As of Market Day at Birka, January 31, 2009, Their Majesties declared the Northern Shores a Crown Principality, with the intent to become a Full Principality.
The Crown Principality Seneschal, Master Aetheric Lindeberende, has already begun the preliminary steps toward achieving Full Principilaty status in the near future.
I will endeavour to keep you apprised of this progress.
Master Phillip the Facetious
Background Checks Implemented February 15, 2008
As was announced last year, the SCA is implementing a background check program to minimize risk of harm to our membership and to the organization. This program and the requirements contained therein are now required.
This program consists of conducting background checks—via a properly licensed vendor—on all persons wishing to serve in a leadership or supervisory position where minors are expected to be taking direction from, or be in the direct control of, adults who are not their parent or legal guardian.
Officials who must receive the background check include (But are not limited to):
- The Kingdom Seneschal
- Youth activities officers at all levels
- Adults acting as youth marshals for any martial activity
- Those people wishing to be Youth Ministers for their local group (Province, Barony, Shire,Canton)
- Those people wishing to be Youth Combat Marshals
- Those people wishig to be Youth Fencing Marshals.
This applies to officers only. This program was implemented on February 15, 2008.
- Paperwork and forms for this process are issued starting from my office.
- To receive the two required forms, you must be on a rostered officer list, sent to me on a monthly basis, from one of the following Kingdom Officers:
- The East Kingdom Youth Earl Marshal and Director of the Youth FIghter Program (email@example.com )
- The East Kingdom Chancellor-Minor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The East Kingdom Marshal of Fence (email@example.com)
- Each of these Kingdom Officers maintain a specific listing for those officers and officers-in-training. To be able to send in the required background check forms you must be on one of these lists which become almagamated into a master list that my office maintains. This is to curb everyone from sending in a form and incurring an expense to the East Kingdom for the checking processing.
If you wish to be involved in any of these activities as an adult supervisor, please contact the appropriate Kingdom Officer for their specific requirements for entrance into their areas.